Message from Fighting Blindness Canada
Fighting Blindness Canada (FBC) leads the fight against blindness by raising funds for research to advance new treatments and cures for blinding eye diseases. Today, we’re at a unique moment in history, where the research we’re funding with the support of our community has begun to translate into clinical care that is preventing vision loss.
It gives us great pleasure to welcome you to our website, where you will find valuable information on:
- various blinding eye diseases
- how the eye works
- how to join FBC’s Inherited Retinal Disease (IRD) Patient Registry
- steps to take when newly diagnosed with an eye disease
- available clinical trials
- genetic testing
- the latest vision research
- researchers FBC is funding
- how to support the ground-breaking work we do
- education webinars and recordings
- FBC’s Young Leaders Program
And of course, we welcome you to join our national fundraisers, supported by an incredible community of donors and volunteers determined to help fight blindness.
Thank you for visiting Fighting Blindness Canada. Together, we can restore hope and sight for the 8 million Canadians living with an eye disease that puts them at risk of vision loss, and the 1.2 million Canadians living with vision loss.
Join the Fight!
Learn how your support is helping to bring a future without blindness into focus! Be the first to learn about the latest breakthroughs in vision research and events in your community by subscribing to our e-newsletter that lands in inboxes the beginning of each month.