Join Our Team!
Fighting Blindness Canada (FBC) is comprised of a high-energy, dedicated team determined to make a difference in the fight against blindness. We are motivated by the profound impact that sight-saving research and education programs have on families living with blinding eye diseases. FBC is an equal opportunity employer and supports applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process.
Location: 890 Yonge Street, Toronto
COMPANY & CULTURE:
Fighting Blindness Canada (FBC) is Canada’s largest registered charity committed to sight saving research; contributing over $33M to leading edge eye research. FBC has funded many research discoveries and is accelerating breakthroughs in treatments and cures. Equally important is our commitment to the individuals, families, and friends living with eye diseases through our education programs.
FBC is known for its signature events, Ride for Sight, Comic Vision, and Cycle for Sight. Working from our national office in downtown Toronto, you will join a high-energy, dedicated philanthropy team determined to make a difference in the fight against blindness. We are motivated by the profound impact that sight-saving research and education programs have on families living with blinding eye diseases. You’ll see results.
Reporting to the Manager, Development, you will support the Philanthropy team with a focus on Major Gifts, proposal research and writing, major gift event coordination, and the donor relations stewardship program. In this role you will require exceptional research and writing, event management, time management and interpersonal communication skills. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is driven, efficient, flexible and able to manage multiple competing priorities.
Proposal Research and Writing
- Prepare research profiles and briefing notes for senior staff and volunteers
- Write and design professional and compelling grant and funding proposals for major gift and planned giving donors
- Develop meaningful, personalized stewardship reports for major gift and planned giving donors
Major Gifts and Event Coordination
- Draft and prepare major gift correspondence including thank you letters and proposals
- Support the major gift team by preparing meeting materials, briefing notes, tracking and coordinating follow-ups
- Support major gift cultivation and stewardship events
- Assist with the planning and execution of all major gift cultivation and stewardship events (lab tours, dinners, tea & talks, etc.)
- Manage RSVP lists for all major gift cultivation and stewardship events (lab tours, dinners, tea & talks, etc.)
Donor Relations Program, Filing and Database
- Working with the Donor Relations team to support the Annual Giving Program by assisting with daily donor thank you calls and recognition, process donations, issue tax receipts, thank you cards, etc.
- Updating Raiser’s Edge (RE) fundraising database; input new donors, change donors’ records, run queries, pull lists and reports for Annual Giving and Major Gift team
- 3-years of fundraising and event management experience with a registered charity
- Proposal research and writing experience
- Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated expertise with Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional project management skills
- Exception written and oral communication skills
- Relevant post secondary degree
The current annual salary range for this permanent full-time position is $40,000 to $50,000
Compensation also includes a comprehensive benefit package and membership in the group registered retirement savings plan
START DATE: As soon as possible
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Fighting Blindness Canada is an equal opportunity employer and supports applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request for accommodation with your application.
FBC has a variety of internship/co-op positions open throughout the year. If you are interested in doing your internship/co-op with us, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest FBC News View All
A Message from the President and CEO For 45 years, the Foundation Fighting Blindness has raised and directed critical funding into sight-saving research for blinding eye diseases. From our earliest days as…Read More
In light of a recent article published by the Globe and Mail regarding the potential correlation between Avastin injections and increased glaucoma rates specifically in British Columbia, Fighting Blindness Canada is republishing…Read More
We are letting our community know about a patient experience study being conducted by Medicys Ltd., a medical research company that is looking for people with a confirmed diagnosis of Usher syndrome…Read More
On May 28, 2019, Dr. Chad Andrews, Senior Manager of Research and Education at Fighting Blindness Canada, will be taking part in Dispelling Myths Surrounding the Vision of Older People, an interdisciplinary…Read More
Join the Fight!
Learn how your support is helping to bring a future without blindness into focus! Be the first to learn about the latest breakthroughs in vision research and events in your community by subscribing to our eNews.