Since 1974, Fighting Blindness Canada (FBC) has funded the best, most promising vision research to advance new treatments and cures for blinding eye diseases. This investment means that there are effective treatments that can prevent or slow vision loss for many eye diseases.
But there is still more to do for the 1.2 million Canadians who live with vision loss. With continued support from FBC’s generous community, we invest in research to understand, preserve, and restore vision.
This ground-breaking work would not be possible without you. Learn how your support made a difference in our recent annual Impact Report:
Learn more about our everyday heroes as they share their stories and the impact of your support in the video below.
To launch this inspiring video, we held an online event featuring a Q&A with two FBC-funded researchers Chair of FBC’s Scientific Advisory Board, Dr. Michel Cayouette (Montreal Clinical Research Institute) and clinician-scientist Dr. Brian Ballios (Krembil Research Institute). The discussion ranged from clinical trials to innovative treatments for eye diseases to researcher cooperation, and you can watch it all in the video below!
For more information about what donor support allows us to do:
- Access our impact reports and financial statements from previous years
- Learn about research funded by Fighting Blindness Canada
- Our community is the heart of all we do. Read more stories of hope
- Attend a View Point education event or webinar
- Access eye disease information and find resources
- Connect with our Health Information Line
- Grow your career skills in our Young Leader’s program
- Help advocate for better treatments
- Join a fundraising event
Join the Fight!
Learn how your support is helping to bring a future without blindness into focus! Be the first to learn about the latest breakthroughs in vision research and events in your community by subscribing to our e-newsletter that lands in inboxes the beginning of each month.