Young Leaders Program
Fighting Blindness Canada’s Young Leaders Program is a career-oriented initiative aimed at creating a brighter, more inclusive future for youth living with vision loss. The program provides young people in Canada, aged 15-30 who are blind or partially sighted, with the opportunity to gain access to resources, guidance and support they need on the path to pursuing rewarding careers and finding fulfilling employment.
Every year the program brings together participants for in-person summits that facilitate interactions that lead to real insights and opportunities. In 2023 the program will be hybrid, with both online and in-person events.
The program also offers mentorship opportunities. Learn about the Young Leaders Mentorship program.
If you have any questions about the program, please email email@example.com
Young Leaders Calgary
Saturday, May 6 & Sunday, May 7, 2023
Saturday, 6 pm – 8 pm MT, welcome dinner
Sunday, 9 am – 3 pm MT, youth program
The Carriage House Hotel & Conference Centre
Join us in Calgary for an exciting youth networking event! The program includes:
- Keynote address with personal trainer and fitness instructor, Bobbi Janzen
- Career and Networking Panel
- Small group discussions about mental health, entrepreneurship and time management
The event is free to attend and includes a full day of workshops, a welcome dinner on Saturday and breakfast & lunch on Sunday. If you live outside of Calgary, it will also include accommodation on Saturday night.
We also offer travel bursaries to help offset the cost of air/ground travel. These are available on a first come first served basis. If you have questions, or if the cost of travel is a significant barrier for you, please let us know.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
save the date!
The Young Leaders Program will hold its annual summit in Toronto on October 14 & 15, 2023.
More details coming soon!
- Young Leaders Virtual Fall Summit 2021 (October 22-23, 2021)
Careers in the Arts Panel
Keynote address with Lowell Taylor
Confidence in the Kitchen with Shari Shaw
- Young Leaders Virtual Spring Summit 2021 (April 30-May 2, 2021)
Three-Times Blind with Blind Outdoor Adventurer Lawrence Gunther
Stop Waiting for Motivation: Create Your Future Today with Laura Feltz
- Release Anxiety & Boost Resilience: A Conversation with Laura Feltz (May 20, 2020): WATCH RECORDING | DOWNLOAD PROGRAM
- A Conversation on Diversity and Community. Moderated by Danielle McLaughlin. Featuring panelists; Ben Akuoko, George Quarcoo, Sarah Patel, and Sharie Clarke. (June 25, 2020): WATCH RECORDING | DOWNLOAD PROGRAM
- Accessibility & Accommodations at School and Work. Moderated by Ramya Amuthan. Featuring panelists; Amanda Cape, Jack McCormick, Gwen Page and Haamid Saifee (September 17, 2020): WATCH RECORDING | DOWNLOAD PROGRAM
- Young Leaders Virtual Summit 2020 (October 16-18, 2020)
Networking and Social Support Panel with 2020 Co-chairs
Keynote with Sumaira Latif
Cooking Workshop with Mary Mammoliti
RBC Workshop: Meet Ahmed Abukar
Martial Arts with Johnny Tai
The Young Leaders Program is supported by:
Join the Fight!
Learn how your support is helping to bring a future without blindness into focus! Be the first to learn about the latest breakthroughs in vision research and events in your community by subscribing to our e-newsletter that lands in inboxes the beginning of each month.