Young Leaders Program
We know that young people will steer the future of Canada and the world. We also know that they are under-served, overburdened by debt, and challenged by a precarious market. Young people with vision loss are particularly vulnerable, and are expected to meet the same challenges as those who are sighted.
This is why Fighting Blindness Canada (FBC) launched the Young Leaders Program in 2015. This program is a career-oriented initiative that provides young people, aged 15-30 who are blind or partially sighted in Canada, with the tools they need to develop skills and pursue rewarding careers.
Every year the program brings together participants for in-person summits, providing travel scholarships to cover expenses. These summits facilitate interactions that lead to real insights and opportunities. In 2020 and 2021 the program will be held virtually.
If you have any questions about the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Expanding Opportunities: Entrepreneurship & the Side-Hustle
Thursday, September 23, 2021, 7 – 8:30 pm ET
Join us to explore how entrepreneurship has impacted the lives of four individuals living with vision loss. Our panelists will discuss how they have developed their own business, either as a full-time career or a side-hustle. This webinar will include a short panel discussion and then the opportunity to speak with each panelist in small groups.
If you have any questions in advance, please send them to email@example.com
Young Leaders Fall Summit 2021
Friday, October 22, 6-8 pm ET
Saturday, October 23, 1:30-5 pm ET
Sunday, October 24, 12-2 pm ET
Join us for a fun and informative weekend of speakers, interactive workshops and more. Details about specific sessions will be announced in August. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW for 2021: Young LEaders Mentorship PRogram
- Young Leaders Virtual Spring Summit 2021 (April 30-May 2, 2021)
Three-Times Blind with Blind Outdoor Adventurer Lawrence Gunther
Stop Waiting for Motivation: Create Your Future Today with Laura Feltz
- Release Anxiety & Boost Resilience: A Conversation with Laura Feltz (May 20, 2020): WATCH RECORDING | DOWNLOAD PROGRAM
- A Conversation on Diversity and Community. Moderated by Danielle McLaughlin. Featuring panelists; Ben Akuoko, George Quarcoo, Sarah Patel, and Sharie Clarke. (June 25, 2020): WATCH RECORDING | DOWNLOAD PROGRAM
- Accessibility & Accommodations at School and Work. Moderated by Ramya Amuthan. Featuring panelists; Amanda Cape, Jack McCormick, Gwen Page and Haamid Saifee (September 17, 2020): WATCH RECORDING | DOWNLOAD PROGRAM
- Young Leaders Virtual Summit 2020 (October 16-18, 2020)
Networking and Social Support Panel with 2020 Co-chairs
Keynote with Sumaira Latif
Cooking Workshop with Mary Mammoliti
RBC Workshop: Meet Ahmed Abukar
Martial Arts with Johnny Tai
Listen to Young Leaders co-chairs describe the program:
Fighting Blindness Canada is proud to receive funding from RBC in support of the Young Leaders Program.
Join the Fight!
Learn how your support is helping to bring a future without blindness into focus! Be the first to learn about the latest breakthroughs in vision research and events in your community by subscribing to our e-newsletter that lands in inboxes the beginning of each month.