Young Leaders Program
We know that young people will steer the future of Canada and the world. We also know that they are under-served, overburdened by debt, and challenged by a precarious market. Young people with vision loss are particularly vulnerable and are expected to meet the same challenges as those who are sighted.
This is why Fighting Blindness Canada (FBC) launched the Young Leaders Program in 2015. This program is a career-oriented initiative that provides young people, aged 15-30 who are blind or partially sighted in Canada, with the tools they need to develop skills and pursue rewarding careers.
Every year the program brings together participants for in-person summits, providing travel scholarships to cover expenses. These summits facilitate interactions that lead to real insights and opportunities. In 2020 and 2021 the program will be held virtually.
If you have any questions about the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
More details about Young Leaders 2022 will be available soon!
In the meantime, please Learn about FBC’s new Young Leaders Mentorship Program. Applications for our 2022 session are due January 15, 2022.
- Young Leaders Virtual Fall Summit 2021 (October 22-23, 2021)
Careers in the Arts Panel
Keynote address with Lowell Taylor
Confidence in the Kitchen with Shari Shaw
- Young Leaders Virtual Spring Summit 2021 (April 30-May 2, 2021)
Three-Times Blind with Blind Outdoor Adventurer Lawrence Gunther
Stop Waiting for Motivation: Create Your Future Today with Laura Feltz
- Release Anxiety & Boost Resilience: A Conversation with Laura Feltz (May 20, 2020): WATCH RECORDING | DOWNLOAD PROGRAM
- A Conversation on Diversity and Community. Moderated by Danielle McLaughlin. Featuring panelists; Ben Akuoko, George Quarcoo, Sarah Patel, and Sharie Clarke. (June 25, 2020): WATCH RECORDING | DOWNLOAD PROGRAM
- Accessibility & Accommodations at School and Work. Moderated by Ramya Amuthan. Featuring panelists; Amanda Cape, Jack McCormick, Gwen Page and Haamid Saifee (September 17, 2020): WATCH RECORDING | DOWNLOAD PROGRAM
- Young Leaders Virtual Summit 2020 (October 16-18, 2020)
Networking and Social Support Panel with 2020 Co-chairs
Keynote with Sumaira Latif
Cooking Workshop with Mary Mammoliti
RBC Workshop: Meet Ahmed Abukar
Martial Arts with Johnny Tai
Fighting Blindness Canada is proud to receive funding from RBC in support of the Young Leaders Program.
Join the Fight!
Learn how your support is helping to bring a future without blindness into focus! Be the first to learn about the latest breakthroughs in vision research and events in your community by subscribing to our e-newsletter that lands in inboxes the beginning of each month.