We know that helpful resources related to your eye disease can be difficult to find. Vision care in Canada entails a complex web of services, programs and instructions, and little of it is centralized. Information shared on this site provides a comprehensive, centralized resource that offers guidance.
- Assess Your Risk: Age-related Macular Degeneration
- Assess Your Risk: Diabetes and Vision Loss
- Assess Your Risk: Glaucoma
- Genetic Testing Guides (Provincial): Alberta, British Columbia, New Brunswick | New Brunswick (French), Nova Scotia, Ontario | Ontario (French), Prince Edward Island, Quebec | Quebec (French), Saskatchewan
For Healthcare Providers
- Eye Disease Videos: understand more about various eye diseases and vision research
- View Point Playlist: View Point is FBC’s virtual education series that provides participants the opportunity to learn and connect with eye health experts and vision loss community members. Each View Point webinar is recorded and shared on our YouTube View Point playlist.
- Retinal Degenerative Diseases: Millions of people in North America live with varying degrees of irreversible vision loss because they have an untreatable degenerative eye disorder, which affects the retina. In these conditions, the delicate layer of tissue that lines the inside back of the eye is damaged affecting its ability to send light signals to the brain. The video below explains the basic premise of retinal eye disease.
If you have eye health related questions, contact our Health Information Line at 1-888-626-2995 or email@example.com.
Join the Fight!
Learn how your support is helping to bring a future without blindness into focus! Be the first to learn about the latest breakthroughs in vision research and events in your community by subscribing to our e-newsletter that lands in inboxes the beginning of each month.