Leave a legacy
Ann Morrison, Director of Philanthropy
Toll free 1.800.461.3331 ext. 232 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Doug Smith, Manager, Planned Giving and Donor Relations
Toll free 1.800.461.3331 ext. 237 | email@example.com
Legal Name: Fighting Blindness Canada
Charitable Registration # 119129369 RR0001
- Guide to a gift of Publicly Listed Securities
- Guide to a gift of Life Insurance
- Guide to a gift of a Life Beneficiary
- Guide to creating a gift in your Will
- Legacy Giving Commitment Form
- Fighting Blindness Canada Stock Donation Form
- Fighting Blindness Canada: Fight for Sight Booklet
- Guide to a gift of Publicly Listed Securities (French)
- Guide to a gift of Life Insurance (French)
- Guide to a gift of a Life Beneficiary (French)
- Guide to creating a gift in your Will (French)
- Legacy Giving Commitment Form (French)
About legacy giving
A legacy gift is a lasting statement of your generosity and care and an opportunity to say that you believe in a future free of vision loss.
Why leave a legacy Gift
Canadians give for different reasons and in different ways. For some it is a way to ensure their memory lives on; for many it’s a way to ensure that their favourite charity is able to continue its important work, while for others it represents a way to ease the tax implications that come with the transfer of their estate to surviving relatives.
Learn why long-time FBC supporters Mort and Marilyn Ritz give to advance vision research into the future, access their full story here.
10 things you can do to create a legacy that lives on:
- Prepare a Will.
- Leave a gift in your Will to your favourite charities, such as Fighting Blindness Canada.
- Decide whether to leave a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your assets to your favourite charities.
- Consider using assets such as mutual funds, or publicly traded stocks for your legacy gift.
- Name Fighting Blindness Canada as a beneficiary of your RRSP, RRIF or pension plan.
- Name Fighting Blindness Canada as the beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy.
- Purchase a new life insurance policy and name Fighting Blindness Canada as the beneficiary.
- Honour a loved one through your legacy gift.
- Encourage family and friends to consider leaving a gift(s) to a charity in their Will planning.
- Ask your financial or estate planning advisor to include charitable giving as part of your financial plan, and to incorporate in their advice with other clients too.
VISIONARY CIRCLE: CHANGING LIVES IN THE FUTURE
When a donor like you creates a future gift to benefit Fighting Blindness Canada, you become a visionary – someone who wishes to support the ongoing effort to eliminating eye disease today and for generations to come. Fighting Blindness Canada would like to link your gift with the many others who have also created a gift in their Will or estate plan through our Visionary Circle.
The Visionary Circle is a group of generous individuals who have realized the joy of giving recipients a brighter future. Benefits of being a member of the Visionary Circle:
- Invitation to a Lab tour of our funded researchers
- Invitation to our Leadership donor events and dinners
- Special mailings of our InVision Newsletters and Impact Report
- Updates on FBC funded researchers progress
Fight for sight… power to change the future.
Join the Fight!
Learn how your support is helping to bring a future without blindness into focus! Be the first to learn about the latest breakthroughs in vision research and events in your community by subscribing to our e-newsletter that lands in inboxes the beginning of each month.